Sound of Faith Broadcasting Executive DirectorPosition Summary:
Sound of Faith (SOF) Broadcasting is a non-for-profit radio broadcasting organization serving Southwestern Ontario. The organization has recently come under new leadership, and is in the process of developing a strategic plan that will define a new vision, as well as transform organizational structures, processes, roles and technologies to propel SOF into greater growth and impact. SOF is looking for visionary, energetic and organized individual with a passion for Christian radio to become the Executive Director to lead the transformation, and equip the organization to carry out its mission to provide a strong, unifying impact on our community by providing and promoting quality faith-based family-oriented programming that inspires, encourages, uplifts and entertains our audience AND to encourage, support and promote the development of Canadian Christian talent.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the efficient and effective day to day operations of the 3 radio stations operating under the SOF umbrella. As the public face of SOF, the ED is regularly involved in promotional and other events, and actively represents the ministry to churches, listeners, supporters, and the broader community in London, Woodstock and Kitchener.
ED Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Strategic Planning: Participate in the development, execution and ongoing maintenance of the SOF strategic plan.
- Revenue Generation: Actively identify and drive creative fundraising efforts throughout the year, regularly seeking out prospective investors, donors, and partners; uncover additional revenue opportunities; work closely with Sales manager to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Expense Management: Aggressively manage the organizational debt, work within budget, and continually look for ways to drive down operating expenses, including effective supplier management.
- Policy Development: Implement Board Policies, and establish all further operating policies.
- Operational Effectiveness: Oversee operational activities; continually pursue and implement operational efficiencies across SOF; establish standard processes and procedures; conduct weekly visits to each member station; explore opportunities to integrate systems to reduce data entry
- Staff Development: Staff recruitment, development, coaching, mentoring, retention, performance management; create positive, empowering culture
- Membership Management: Assist with defining, implementing and ongoing oversight of a membership structure, including recruitment, levels of membership, member qualification and dues, maintenance of confidential membership information, collection of membership fees, and ongoing communication.
- Volunteer Management: Assist with defining, implementing and ongoing oversight of volunteers, including identifying required positions, recruiting, training, motivating and managing volunteers
- License Protection: Work closely with the Program Director to ensure that CRTC licensing requirements are met for all stations; negotiate for changes to licensing as appropriate.
- Brand Protection: Oversee marketing and promotions, ensuring all organizational assets and activities accurately reflect the corporate brand.
- Public Relations: Serve as SOF primary spokesperson to constituents, media, and general public; speaking, at public events, meetings and conferences.
- Advocacy: Act as legislative liaison on the provincial and federal levels to stay informed of any proposals and legislative changes that affect the SOF, and advocate for positive changes that support SOF and other not-for-profits’ needs.
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience, particularly in not-for-profit sector, including working knowledge of core functions such as Human Resources, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Legal
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to not-for-profit sector, and demonstrated success in fundraising and revenue generation
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting for budgets of more than $1M
- Effective supplier management skills including contract negotiation and oversight
- Strategic planning skills, with hands-on experience in effectively translating strategy into operational realities
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Demonstrated people leadership skills and ability to build positive culture
- Experience in establishing programs to engage volunteers, donors and members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public relations experience
- Unwavering commitment to transparent and accountable fiscal responsibility to constituents
- Willing to travel between London, Woodstock and Kitchener on weekly basis
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Assets: experience in the radio broadcasting industry, CRTC knowledge
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 17th, 2019
SALES POSITION at Sound of Faith BroadcastingFaith FM London is looking for a motivated and committed sales person who believes in the power of Christian radio for advertisers! Position Summary:
The FaithFM London Sales Representative contributes to the station’s success as the primary driver of revenue through radio advertising sales. The Sales Representative is responsible for independently and consistently growing and retaining new business accounts / clients. The ideal candidate will support the FaithFM London mission to inspire, encourage and uplift, and be intrinsically motivated by knowing that their efforts are making a positive impact on the community.
The main duties of the Sales Representative include; establishing and developing long-term business relationships; sourcing, identifying and securing new business opportunities; generating creative win-win solutions for clients that help them achieve their business objectives; presenting campaign proposals; closing the sale; following up to ensure client satisfaction; maintaining regular contact with prospect and clients to help retain their business, and be responsive to changing client needs; and delivering accurate call reports and planned revenue numbers to management. The role includes other routine administrative work such as inputting of orders, maintaining records and assisting with the resolution of problems about payments and revenue collection.
It is a fully commission based position with an opportunity for an initial modest base salary.
Minimum 5 years of sales experience with at least 2 years in media advertising; a proven track record in actively building a client base from the ground up, including prospecting, cold calling, and developing long-term win-win business relationships.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Motivation for Sales
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Listening Skills
- Selling to Client Needs
- Prospecting Skills
- Closing Skills
- Relationship Management
- Effective Communication Processes
- Working knowledge of MS Office
SALARY: Mainly commission based
Email resume to: email@example.com
Sound of Faith Broadcasting Is Seeking New Board Members:
Position Summary: Do you have a heart for Christian radio? Do you want to make a difference in our radio ministry? Our Parent Company, Sound of Faith Broadcasting, is expanding our Board of Directors, and is seeking people with backgrounds in senior executive roles, law, accounting, and broadcast engineering. The ideal candidate will bring corporate governance experience, primarily in the not-for-profit sector. Some knowledge of the radio broadcasting industry is a plus.
The Sound of Faith Board of Directors governs the overall execution of the organization’s mission. Principally, the Board manages organizational finances, develops strategic direction, and sets long term priorities for the organization. Board members also hold a fiduciary responsibility for management of organizational capital, and ensuring appropriate filings with federal, provincial, and local authorities consistent with the organization’s CRTC license and charitable organization status.
Additionally, the Board oversees the Executive Director (CEO), who is responsible for day-to-day management of 3 stations.
Overall, the members of the Board contribute the management, legal, human resources, technical, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability. At this time, there is no remuneration for Board positions.
A Director term is 2 years, with the ability to renew for 2 additional 2-year terms.
Board positions require a time and energy commitment that should not be under-estimated. Prior to applying, please consider your personal priorities for the next year, as well as the ways to contribute to the development of the organization, to ensure you are able to commit the needed time to Sound of Faith.
Time commitment includes:
- Board Meetings – approximately bi-monthly for 2-4 hours
- Annual Meeting
- Annual Fundraisers
- Committee Work (ad hoc)
- Potential operational consultation/support in your area of expertise
To apply, download and complete the short Board Application. Submit it with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your application and resume at your local station.To Download and Print a PDF Application Form, please click HERE